Wednesday, January 16, 2013

PAINTING THE NEW CONDO

One of the first things I asked the landlord when touring the condo was whether or not the new occupants could paint. It's not that I didn't like the colors she already had up; rather, they just aren't me. The room that I most want to tackle is the living/dining combo. Right now it's a beige that reads mustard, greige, or buff ... depending on the light. As you saw earlier, I already have plans to paint the fireplace Distance from Behr (the same color we have now in our living/dining rooms), so I want something that is light, but also has the same tone. Definitely thinking a greige in this room.





Given the great coverage we had with Benjamin Moore in our bedroom, I'll probably go with that paint again. In looking at Pinterest I found a few different colors that could work, but as we all know, it'll come down to what the paint swatch looks like up in the room, at different times of the day. This place gets a lot more light than the house, so that'll have an effect on the color as well.